Sunday, August 8, 2010

nothing too exciting here

decided to try almond milk b/c it was on sale!


this is what was leftover of my black bean burger at lunch the other day. my mom and i decided to try a little restaurant i'd been wanting to check out. the burger was a bit spicy, but i like that. i definitely want to go back not only for this, but also to try a few of their other options.


upon sorting the goods in the freezer my mom found some chili from i have no idea when. i thought it would be okay to eat though so i made one of those 'hot dogs' i got the other day. the hot dog was okay, i don't really miss meat so it wasn't anything super special that i would buy again. but it was delightfully smokey tasting.


i made this sandwich last night for dinner and today for lunch. the key ingredients are onion, cucumber, and tomato from my dad's garden. i spread half an avocado on it and toasted it. DELICIOUS! those tomatoes are absolutely divine and i don't think i could ever buy another from the store.

2 comments:

Vegan In The VI said...

It all looks delicious and satisfying to me.

jess_fildespages said...

Everything looks yummy! I keep meaning to try some more almond milk so youve inspired me!