Sunday, March 11, 2012

my failed attempt to become a juicer

The following photos are from last semester when I watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead and was compelled to go out and buy a juicer. 


I really liked it despite the clean-up process and the sheer amount of produce needed to make one cup of juice. However, one bad juice and I was hauling that sucker back to the store. I made a juice with garlic--way, way too much garlic. I sucked it down, but proceeded to have phantom tastes in my mouth for days afterward. 


So, while I really enjoyed the fruit juices I made, it was not a practice I had the time or energy to continue. So, now I stick with smoothies even though the nutrient benefits are much less than they would be had I stuck with my juicer. 


I think I will need to live somewhere that features a juice shop around the corner because I really do like it. I just don't have much patience.

2 comments:

Vegan In The VI said...

For future reference, we have an Omega juicer. I've never juiced Garlic, but do recommend the Omega for Carrot juicing about once a year.

kimberly said...

I'll have to check out the Omega!! Thanks Shen!