Thursday, April 5, 2012

tofu tacos

 I am dedicating an entire post to these suckers because they were delicious. I ate them for lunch and dinner for  two days straight. First, I froze & thawed the tofu (I only like it this way) to get the texture I desired. Next, I sauteed the tofu chunks in a pan with cooking spray & soy sauce. I recommend low sodium soy sauce. You could also use liquid smoke if you want a smoky flavor.


Next, I warmed a corn tortilla and spread roasted red pepper hummus on it. I put some broccoli florets and purple cabbage on top. 


 Lastly, the tofu chunks!


There's more broccoli in the back, you just can't see it. I really piled the ingredients on this little guy.


 A little messy to eat, but definitely worth it!


1 comment:

Vegan In The VI said...

Beautiful! I have never frozen my Tofu before. They say that's what restaurants do, but I just never have. Glad you enjoyed it!